DIY gift giving
(Fig’s) Dog Biscuits
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 medium bananas
- Preheat oven 180c & prepare baking trays (rub with olive oil or line with baking paper).
- Blitz oats to flour consistency.
- Mash peanut butter and bananas together in separate bowl.
- Add oats and combine – should be a sticky consistency (if not, add some more peanut butter).
- Roll 1 tablespoon into balls and flatten out in palm of hand.
- Use end of chopstick and thumb to create paw-print motif on each biscuit.
- Bake for 12-15min or until golden on underside.
- Allow to cool before eating & sharing with pooch!
Store in an airtight container or in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
( Adapted from – https://www.floraandvino.com/3-ingredient-peanut-butter-banana-dog-treats/ )
Festive Choc Clusters
300g Co-op bulk dark chocolate
100g Co-op bulk milk chocolate
350g dried fruit & nuts in festive palette (We used goji berries, pistachios, pepita seeds and macadamias)
‘If You Care’ Mini Baking Cups
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Chop macadamias into smaller pieces.
- Combine fruit & nuts.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into a paper patty pan & sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mixed fruit & nuts on top.
- Gently shake to ensure fruit & nut embeds into chocolate.
- Drizzle a small amount of chocolate on top.
- Place in fridge to set.
Store in fridge or cool spot.
Rhubarb and Rose Fizz (Soda)
875g rhubarb, chopped
2 handfuls of dried rose petals
1 lemon, chopped
200ml apple cider vinegar
4.5 litres of water (18 cups)
Combine rhubarb, sugar, rose petals, lemon and water in a large clean jar (or suitable vessel). Cover with a tea towel and let sit for 48 hours. Strain and pour into clean bottles and seal. Let sit for another 2 weeks to become fizzy!
Serve as you would cordial. We love it with lemon and fizzy water.
(Adapted from Sally Wise Recipe)