Are you passionate about community, the environment, equality and social responsibility? Do you have retail management experience, or are ready to step up to a management role?
Do you yearn to work with a loyal and committed team to further develop an organisation which has been a trusted part of the Blue Mountains community for 40 years?
The Blue Mountains Food Co-op is looking for a wonderful person to manage the operations of its two retail stores in Katoomba. This is a full time role; job share will be considered for suitable candidates.
Our mission is to provide high quality food and eco-friendly products, and support and inspire members and the local community to make healthy, sustainable living choices.
THE ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Leading a well-established team to deliver delightful customer service
Developing the team to unleash their passions and meet their career goals
Growing sales and profitability
Optimising stock levels
Improving operational practices
Meeting all WHS and other policy and legal requirements
The person we are looking for will have a blend of technical retail management skills, and a passion for working in a co-operative environment, which is based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
Demonstrated management experience, preferably in a retail environment
Demonstrated leadership experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Ability to work collaboratively and consultatively
Ability to interpret and apply legislation including WHS, EEO and regulations relating to retail food stores
High level of computer literacy including use of Microsoft Excel, Word and experience in MYOB and Point of Sale software
Ability to create and manage a business budget and to interpret and assess financial performance
Outstanding problem solving skills
Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands under pressure
Commitment to the mission, aims, and values of the Blue Mountains Food Cooperative
Member of the Blue Mountains Food Cooperative Ltd (or willingness to join)
Food and wholefood retail experience
Experience working in community organisations and with volunteer Boards
Understanding of the Co-operative business model
Extensive knowledge of wholefoods
If you believe you have what it takes to work cooperatively, sustainably, and imaginatively with the Co-op staff, board, customers and community, let us know why you believe you have what it takes.
Further information and a job description can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Mountains Food Co-op is looking for a Junior Casual to fill an after school position.
Are you outgoing, friendly, and willing to learn what is takes to be part of the team at Blue Mountains Food Co-op? Then we’d like to hear from you!
To apply please read the position description below and email your application to email@example.com
Position Title: Casual After School Worker “Schoolie”
Classification: Blue Mountains Food Co-op Enterprise Agreement 2013 Junior
Location Co-op Shop
Hours: Rotating Roster
Pay rate: Starts at $16.75 per hour + weekend loading
The Blue Mountains Food Co-op aims to provide its members and the wider community with good quality, affordable food, with an emphasis on certified organic, bio-dynamic, fair-trade, and environmentally responsible produce and products.
1. Make customer service the number one priority by providing prompt, pleasant, and friendly service. This includes following up any customer complaints or feedback using agreed procedures.
2. Ensure maintenance of adequate stock levels on shop floor and that product information is correct and appropriately displayed. This includes receiving and checking deliveries against orders in accordance with established procedures when required.
3. Ensure knowledge of product lines is adequate to appropriately respond to member/customer enquiries.
4. Ensure the general appearance and cleanliness of the shop is maintained to the required standard and in a manner which creates a pleasant and safe shopping experience for members/customers.
5. Ensure other staff members are kept informed and advised of relevant matters (e.g. Any problems, customer complaints, deliveries, etc), to ensure provision of excellent customer service at all times. Communication should be either directly and/or through effective use of the “Day Book”.
6. Ensure full compliance with all Co-op policies and procedures including those relating to health and safety, food handling and hygiene.
7. To attend training as required.
8. Carry out specific after school tasks.
9. Carry out any other reasonable requests by the senior staff members.
10. Ensure compliance with all Co-op policies and procedures including those relating to health and safety.
• Be aware of and committed to the Co-op’s aims to provide a friendly, personal and relaxed shopping atmosphere and excellent customer service at all times.
• To support the community, our members and our environment, and to provide a role model for ethical business practice.
• Responsibilities are to be undertaken in consultation and co-operation with other staff members.
• Standards of dress are to be adhered to and compliant with health regulations at all times.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• To adhere to the ideals, values and principles of the Food Co-op.
• Commitment to work to deliver the best possible service to our members/customers.
• Interest in whole foods.
• Organizational and problem solving skills plus ability to effectively prioritize.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Strong personal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Guardian membership (or willingness to join) of the Co-op.
• Previous experience in a retail and/or other customer-service environment.