The board of the Blue Mountains Food Co-op, in consultation with management, is responsible for the delivery of the Co-op’s aims, to set its strategic direction, and to uphold its values.
Qualities we look for in a director:
- Alignment with the values of the Co-op
- Previous experience as a board member of a not-for-profit community organisation is desirable but not essential
- The ability to devote a minimum of eight hours a month to the role
- A willingness to share appropriate personal networks and champion the Co-op
- A passion for healthy, sustainable living
- Availability to attend monthly, weeknight board meetings
The benefits of being a director:
- Working with a pro-active and committed board and staff with a strong focus on governance
- Satisfaction of contributing to the growth and development of a unique and respected organisation which is the largest, and one of the oldest, food co-ops in Australia
- An additional 20% discount on all Co-op goods in addition to the existing 10% membership discount
- Governance experience and training
- Comprehensive directors’ and officers’ management liability insurance
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a directors nomination kit.