Choose to refuse
It’s Plastic-free July again and at the Co-op we are committed to reducing our reliance on plastic.
Here are some tips to help you take the plastic-free challenge.
- Replace plastic butter containers with a ceramic butter dish and buy butter in paper or foil wrappers.
- Buy your personal care products like shampoo, conditioner and body wash in bulk and re-use your own containers.
- Buy a keep cup and say goodbye to take away cups.
- Refill your drink bottle at the Co-op filtered water tap and say no to plastic water bottles.
- Grab a reusable shopping bag, basket or even recycled cardboard box for your Co-op purchases.
- Bake your own bread with bulk supplies from the Co-op or buy it from local bakers like Hominy and Black Cockatoo.
To help you on your plastic-free journey we have a great competition from Cheeki, Kooshoo and Love Beauty Foods.
To win this classic stainless steel water bottle from Cheeki, a pretty pair of plastic-free scrunchies from Kooshoo, an organic shea & hemp Remedy Balm and a Mint & Lemon Myrtle toothpaste from Love Beauty Foods send your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following question: What’s your best tip for going plastic-free?
Competition opens Monday 5th July at 9am and closes Saturday 31st July at 5pm.