UPDATED 2 APRIL 2020
In response to the overwhelming amount of news, advice, information and misinformation circulating about Covid-19 we would like to assure you that the Co-op is taking the following precautions to help address the spread of the virus:
- No more than 10 customers are permitted in the shop at one time.
- All visitors and shoppers are required to wash and dry their hands with soap and water and paper towels upon entering the store. THE HAND WASHING SINK AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE CO-OP MAIN SHOP IS TEMPORARILY OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS at the big sink at the back of the shop until we fix the one at the front door.
- Hand sanitiser is also available to use between hand washes at the checkouts and near the bulk bin dispensers.
- We are maintaining high levels of cleanliness at the tills and self-service dispensers – disinfecting surfaces including eftpos machines, scales and benches regularly.
Please inform staff if you require any assistance.
As a community-owned co-operative it is imperative that we show care and respect for fellow members by not stockpiling or panic buying. We may be forced to limit purchases on certain items to ensure all members have equal access to staples.
Please continue to treat staff and volunteers with the usual courtesies. It has been an extremely busy time of late and staff have been under a great deal of pressure.
The Co-op will be trading as per normal opening times.
Please adhere to advice and recommendations from the World Health Organisation and Health NSW in containing the spread of Covid-19.
- Stay at home if you have any symptoms of illness and consult your local doctor or call Healthdirect on 1 800 022 222 for advice.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face as the virus can enter your body through your eyes, nose or mouth if it is on your hands.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow and use disposable tissues.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres between you and others when you can.
If you have any health and safety concerns regarding the Co-op please contact the Board via firstname.lastname@example.org.