UPDATED 7 MAY 2020
In response to the overwhelming amount of news, advice, information and misinformation circulating about Covid-19 we would like to assure you that the Co-op is taking the following precautions to help address the spread of the virus:
- No more than 10 customers are permitted in the shop at one time.
- All visitors and shoppers are required to wash and dry their hands with soap and water and paper towels upon entering the store. PLEASE USE THE HAND WASHING SINK AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE SHOP.
- Hand sanitiser is also available to use between hand washes at the checkouts and near the bulk bin dispensers.
- We are maintaining high levels of cleanliness at the tills and self-service dispensers – disinfecting surfaces including eftpos machines, scales and benches regularly.
Please inform staff if you require any assistance.
As a community-owned co-operative it is imperative that we show care and respect for fellow members by not stockpiling or panic buying. We may be forced to limit purchases on certain items to ensure all members have equal access to staples.
Please continue to treat staff and volunteers with the usual courtesies. It has been an extremely busy time of late and staff have been under a great deal of pressure.
The Co-op will be trading as per normal opening times.
Please adhere to advice and recommendations from the World Health Organisation and Health NSW in containing the spread of Covid-19.
- Stay at home if you have any symptoms of illness and consult your local doctor or call Healthdirect on 1 800 022 222 for advice.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face as the virus can enter your body through your eyes, nose or mouth if it is on your hands.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow and use disposable tissues.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres between you and others when you can.
If you have any health and safety concerns regarding the Co-op please contact the Board via email@example.com.
Manager’s message April 9, 2020
A huge thanks to everyone for your continued enthusiastic support of the Co-op during this challenging time and for your cooperation with our hygiene and social distancing measures.
We appreciate that for many of you a shopping trip to the Co-op is a time for socialising and catching up with people but we do ask that since we are limiting numbers of customers in the shop to 10, that you keep your chats to a minimum while shopping, aim to keep 1.5 metres distance from other customers and staff, and be mindful that there may be a queue of people outside in the cold waiting to come in.
We realise that daily shopping may have been a habit for you prior to COVID-19 but we ask that you try to plan a weekly shop instead for the time being to help out with the congestion in the shop and to limit your face to face contact with other shoppers and staff. Once the social distancing restrictions lift we eagerly look forward to catching up with you more often and the Co-op can return to the bustling hub that we love.
We want to assure you that for the time being the Co-op will remain open and we are doing our very best to ensure a constant supply of staples. However given the nationwide demand for some items such as toilet paper and flour, you will notice some products will be out of stock from time to time and we may impose limits on the purchase of particular items.
We would also like to encourage contactless cashless transactions whenever possible via debit/credit card.
For those of you who are over 70 or are isolating at home, we are now offering a home delivery service every Wednesday of vegie boxes plus a limited range of staples. Read here for more information.
Wishing everyone a safe, happy and tasty Easter.